- Code: FASH.3012
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 3
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Fashion
|Time in class||110 (approximate total hours)|
Gain industry standard sewing techniques to construct a garment using a commercial pattern, and create a professional finish.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- operate, thread and adjust a sewing machine as required for a range of fabrics;
- select appropriate fabrics according to design requirements;
- plan, lay out and cut fabric in accordance with pattern requirements;
- demonstrate and apply knowledge of garment construction techniques and finishes; and
- assess and evaluate work during and after completion of garment using reading and writing skills.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017