- Code: GENR.4005
- Fee: $654*
- Level: 4
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||60 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
|Location||Rotorua (Mokoia), Tokoroa, Taupo, Whakatane, Kawerau|
|Related programmes||New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4);|
This course aims to introduce students to scientific facts, principles and theories that support study of living organisms.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- define a cell and list the principal organelles;
- define a tissue and classify into four major groups;
- demonstrate knowledge at a beginning level of the skeletal, digestive, respiratory, circulatory and muscular systems;
- identify principles of mechanics, electricity and transmission of energy;
- demonstrate an understanding of genetics;
- demonstrate a knowledge of basic chemistry; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the structure and properties of micro-organisms.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017