- Code: BADM.2101
- Fee: $673*
- Level: 2
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Administration
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Secondary Tertiary Pathway Delivery|
|Location||Rotorua Trades Academy, Whakatane Trades Academy|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the basic knowledge and skills to apply text processing conventions and word processing functions to produce business documents while applying ergonomic principles and protecting data.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use text processing conventions with appropriate vocabulary, spelling, grammar and punctuation to produce business documents
- Use basic word processing techniques to produce business documents.
- Apply file management techniques to secure data.
- Keyboard accurately.
- Identify, describe and apply ergonomic practices for a workstation.
Embedded unit standards or achievement standards
|Apply text processing skills to produce communications in a business or organisational context||107||2||5|
|Use a word processor to produce documents for a business or organisation||111||2||5|
|Develop and use keyboarding skills to enter text||101||1||3|
|Demonstrate an understanding of ergonomic principles for computer workstations||6743||2||2|
|Write formal personal correspondence||10792||1||3|
For more information on Unit Standards explore the NZQA Framework
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017