- Code: PROF.8005
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary Teaching
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies; |
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies;
The aim of this course is to develop a personal learning and teaching framework for application to professional practice. Learners will critically evaluate concepts and principles of adult learning with a focus on the value of the process of learning.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate theories of adult learning and their application to teaching vocationally-oriented programmes.
- Design and develop an approach to facilitating effective learning that is applicable to an identified student cohort in a vocationally-oriented programme and justify the design using appropriate theory.
- Analyse ways culture and life experience may influence own teaching practice.
- Justify the extent to which their practice as a learning facilitator may be adapted to accommodate diverse learners.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017