- Code: PROF.8006
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary Teaching
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies; |
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies;
The aim of this course is to advance skills in assessing learners to support effective learning and for determining overall achievement. The course will develop learners’ ability to assess students to improve their learning (formative or diagnostic assessment) and to assess overall achievement of prescribed outcomes. It will support learners to use standards-based assessment methods, and to implement robust moderation practices to validate assessment design and practice.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design a detailed assessment model for a programme to assess achievements of all course level learning outcomes and the programme graduate profile.
- Design and develop formative and summative assessment tasks, including marking guides and rubrics, for both theory and practical courses at a range of levels within a programme.
- Justify the design of assessment models and tasks with appropriate theory and strategies.
- Validate assessment tasks using both self and peer moderation processes, and address any issues raised.
- Undertake post-assessment moderation and address any issues raised.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017