- Code: PROF.8007
- Fee: $856*
- Level: 8
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary Teaching
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Professional Studies; |
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Professional Studies;
The aim of this course is to develop skills in designing courses, programmes and curriculum materials. The course will use concepts of constructive alignment, scaffolding learning, embedding literacy and numeracy and instructional design. Students will improve their capability to develop academically sound, coherent courses, programmes and resources that facilitate effective learning.
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design coherent learning programmes which include programme strategic purpose, graduate profile, level, credits and programme structure.
- Develop academically sound programme learning components that meet recognised criteria and that ensure the graduate profile is met.
- Design an assessment methodology and overall approach that ensures both the course learning outcomes and graduate profile are met.
- Design learning materials to achieve intended learning outcomes.
- Validate curriculum design, and teaching and assessment approaches with underpinning theory and strategies.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017