- Code: GENR.7022
- Fee: $716*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Tertiary and Vocational Skills
|Time in class||50 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to prepare and equip potential mentors and supervisors with the knowledge, skills and dispositions required to successfully mentor and supervise mentees in order to improve and strengthen their skills and practices, including mentees' transition from theory to practice.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and analyse the role, characteristics, and key qualities of a mentor and mentee
- Compare and contrast theories and philosophies of mentoring and professional supervision
- Design, implement and critically evaluate a mentoring and professional supervision framework to use with mentees.
- Demonstrate and review effective mentoring and supervision practices and strategies.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017