- Code: MGMT.7001
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Business Management, Tourism Management
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||52 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1, Semester 2|
Bachelor of Applied Management - Accounting; |
Bachelor of Tourism Management;
Develop critical thinking skills for evaluating the quality of research, and for understanding the different approaches to research such as quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods. Gain skills to critique research reports, articulate research proposals and complete ethical approval processes.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- apply qualitatative, quantitative and mixed methods of research in a business environment;
- understand how data analysis fits into the research process, with emphasis on the aspects of the research process that impact on data analysis;
- critically examine the legal and ethical parameters of research practice and its application to a business environment;
- demonstrate understanding of the process for articulating a research proposal including ethics applications;
- critique published research reports; and
- apply the principles of Kaupapa Māori research into mainstream research methodology.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017