- Code: TOUR.7910
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 7
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||65 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
This course introduces students to the concepts of sustainable tourism practices.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- discuss the development, importance and implications of environmental sustainability in the world;
- apply indicators and monitoring in tourism planning;
- discuss the purpose, principles and applications of the Resource Management Act 1991;
- apply environmental planning concepts and models; and
- synthesize strategies of planning for environmental impacts in the tourism industry.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017