- Code: TOUR.5005
- Fee: $793*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
|Time in class||80 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 2|
The aim of this course is to provide a range of skills required for the snow and mountain industry. The students will gain an understanding of the industry and avenues for employment.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- assess avalanche conditions and assist on an avalanche response;
- demonstrate basic movements on snow/ice and use of ice axe and crampons;
- appreciate overnight expedition skills in a mountain environment;
- communication skills in the outdoors, using two way radio;
- show knowledge of the snow sport industry; and
- demonstrate mountain navigational skills.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017