|Translation||Pōkaitahi o Aotearoa Ahumahi Rākau Mārō (Pae 3)|
|All of our full-time programmes qualify for student loans and allowances through StudyLink. Many part-time programmes also qualify. Apply online at www.studylink.govt.nz or phone 0800 88 99 00. Apply early to help avoid enrolment and payment delays.|
Information for international students
|Minimum IELTS||5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0|
|Duration (length of study)||2 years|
|Application Checklist and Requirements||View the information page to see what documents you must supply with your application.|
|International Student Apply now International Student Enquiry|
Gain the skills and knowledge required to work as advanced operators in a solid wood manufacturing operation industry.
Graduates will also develop the skills required to lead an investigation into production issues, and understand cost factors in a solid wood manufacturing operation.
Laminating, timber drying, timber grading, and timber treatment roles in a solid wood manufacturing environment
Please note: The Applied Solid Wood Manufacturing (Level 4) is only open to international students
International Student Application International Student Enquiry Add to list View list
Knowledge and skills you will gain
Graduates will be able to:
- Lead an investigation into production issues or understand cost factors in a solid wood manufacturing operation.
- Apply knowledge of adhesives and gluing procedures used in wood lamination processes in solid wood manufacturing.
- Apply skills and knowledge to carry out technical tasks used in lamination of wood products.
Admission and entry requirements for this qualification are in accordance with the academic regulations including:
- Be 16 years old at the time the programme commences;
- Be able to read, write, and communicate in English at a level that does not compromise safety
- Be physically able to complete the programme specific outcomes.
Page last updated: 20 Sep 2017