- Code: WPRO.5014
- Fee: $819*
- Level: 5
- Credits: 15
- EFTS: 0.125
- Subject: Wood Manufacturing
|Study options||Full-time, Part-time|
|Time in class||75 (approximate total hours)|
|Offered (indicative)||Semester 1|
The aim of this course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to relate operations management principles to manufacturing operations.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to explain and apply principles of:
- the determination of manufacturing facilities’ location and layout;
- production planning and scheduling;
- information systems;
- purchasing systems;
- the contemporary relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi when working with Iwi resource owners; and
- principles of engagement with Iwi.
*Course cost/fee: Indicative standard fee for New Zealand residents only. Fees for non-New Zealand residents will vary, visit the Programmes and Tuition Fees for International Students information page.
*Course cost/fee last updated 13-Dec-2016
Page last updated: 01 Sep 2017