Congratulations to all the winners of 2017 Rotorua Hospitality Awards.You’re clearly some of the superstars in our community!
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to win a Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Hospitality Scholarship valued at $2,500.
- Applications will be accepted from winners in the following categories of the 2016 Rotorua Hospitality Awards:
- Outstanding Bar*
- Outstanding Barista
- Outstanding Bartender
- Outstanding Café*
- Outstanding Caterer*
- Outstanding Chef
- Outstanding Emerging Chef
- Outstanding Hotel Restaurant*
- Outstanding Ethnic Restaurant*
- Outstanding Restaurant*
- Outstanding Sales Personnel*
- Front of House Star*
- Emerging Business*
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s). The consenting parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must provide a written statement indicating that they have read and understood, and discussed with you the criteria for applying for a this scholarship.
*For winners in these categories, the owner/manager can either nominate themselves or a staff member to apply for the scholarship.
Programmes of study
- You must meet all programme enrolment criteria, including academic prerequisites, to enrol on one of the following programmes offered at Mokoia Campus in Rotorua:
- Master of Management (endorsements in Business, and Hospitality)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (endorsements in Business, and Hospitality)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management (endorsements in Business, and Hospitality)
- Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Applied Management (majors in Accounting, Business, Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing)
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 6)
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5)
- New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 6)
- Culinary Arts Level 4
- Culinary Arts Level 5
- Part-time study requires enrolment in two courses per semester.
- Full-time study requires enrolment in four courses per semester.
- Scholarship funds must be applied to the tuition fees of your chosen programme of study. Any tuition fees payable over and above the scholarship amount will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- All other costs, such as course-related costs, development levy, and student amenity levy, are the responsibility of the applicant.
- Toi Ohomai reserves the right to alter the above list of programmes.
- Applications must be received by Toi Ohomai on or before Friday, 25 August 2017, 4.00pm, by post or in person (see our contact details below).
- Download: Hospitality Scholarship Application Form (33.4 KB updated 21-Jun-2017)
- You must include certified copies of:
- your birth certificate
- your academic transcript
- the 2017 Rotorua Hospitality Award you received, and
- your passport showing your New Zealand permanent resident visa if you are not a New Zealand citizen.
- You must include a personal statement about yourself. The statement must be at least 350 words and include:
- your reasons for choosing to study the selected programme
- why you want to study at Toi Ohomai
- the skills, attributes, and educational qualifications you currently have that support your application for a scholarship
- and the short- and long-term aspirations you have for yourself and your career.
- You must include a reference from your principal, dean or careers advisor.
- You must include the written consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if you are under 18 years of age.
- Submit your application with the additional required documentation stapled at the top lefthand corner, with only one staple. Do not bind or present the application in a folder.
- Applications must be typed and neatly presented. Applications that are difficult to read or incomplete may result in the application being disadvantaged.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- You may be required to attend an interview organised by the Toi Ohomai Scholarships Office.
- The winner of the 2017 Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Hospitality Scholarship will be selected by Toi Ohomai on the basis of their completed application form, the supplementary information requested, and their personal statement.
- The winner will be selected at the sole discretion of Toi Ohomai. The selection panel’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced on Friday, 29 September 2017, by notice in writing from Toi Ohomai.
- The winner will be presented with their scholarship at a venue, day and time to be determined by the institute and the Rotorua Hospitality Awards Committee.
- Unsuccessful applicants may be contacted by Toi Ohomai tourism and hospitality department to discuss further opportunities for which they may be eligible.
- Applications close:Friday, 25 August 2017, 4.00pm
- View related study area:Hospitality (web page)
Scholarships Office Contact Details
- Location:I Block, Mokoia Campus
- Address:Private Bag 3028
- Contact:Scholarships Office, Marketing and Communications Department
- Phone:07 346 8999
- Phone:0800 86 46 46
- Hours:Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm
- Map:Mokoia Campus Map (533.8 KB updated 02-May-2017)
Page last updated: 22 Jun 2017